Saturday, May 8, 2010

Leon- The Movie

Everything is going very well these days, and I'm back to my old lazy ways again, haven't been studying for a week or so, this is not good, I will get back to the books by tomorrow *cheers herself hoarse*
 So, I watched this amazing movie, AMAZING. And I can finally scream at the top of my lungs that
        I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A MOVIE I COULD CALL MY FAVORITE!

This is a wonderful film, in that it gets so many things right. The story, which at first glance is corny and silly, actually becomes gripping and emotional in the hands of the skilled Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. The characters are sympathetic and likeable, and one is touched by the depth of the relationship between Leon and Mathilda. There is real danger and drama throughout the film, yet it never becomes merely an action film – the characters are too significant for that.
Mathilda, a twelve-year old New York girl, is living an undesirable life among her half-family. Her father stores drugs for two-faced cop Norman Stansfield. Only her little brother keeps Mathilda from breaking apart. One day, Stansfield and his team take cruel revenge on her father for stretching the drugs a little, thus killing the whole family. Only Mathilda, who was out shopping, survives by finding shelter in Léon's apartment in the moment of highest need. Soon, she finds out about the strange neighbor's unusual profession - killing - and desperately seeks his help in taking revenge for her little brother. Léon, who is completely inexperienced in fatherly tasks, and in friendships, does his best to keep Mathilda out of trouble - unsuccessfully. Now, the conflict between a killer, who slowly discovers his abilities to live, to feel, to love and a corrupt police officer, who does anything in his might to get rid of an eye witness, arises to unmeasurable proportions - all for the sake of a little twelve-year old girl, who has nearly nothing to lose.
Here a wonderful song from my favorite movie :)



Please do watch it you wouldn't be disappointed. It is definitely my kind of movie, I know I wouldn't be able to get it off my mind  for the rest of my life :D

 Tell me when you watch it!!!
Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0AkD6U42s
 Cheers,
 Ally.

9 comments:

  1. as i was reading ur description of the film i kept thining 'ive seen this, ive seen this, ive seen thissss!' but then i thought, no the girl isn't 12 in the film...then i clicked, i saw the bollywood rip off, it was called 'Bichoo' lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wasnt there a bollywood version of this?

    with Bobby deol and rani?

    hmm so it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I haven't seen that one, I bet it wouldn't be half as good as this one. Do watch it.
    forget the bollywood version watch the original. I read the bollywood rip off plot, it was retarded :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing well, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i'll watch this movie

    ReplyDelete